There are a number of ways in which data linked to BAME issues can be accessed. The following are all a good start in terms of sources of information.
https://www.migrationyorkshire.org.uk/ provides relevant, factual and detailed data on a broad range of migration issues predominantly focused on Yorkshire and The Humber.
https://migrationdataportal.org/ provides detail migration data covering all countries.
https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/populationandmigration/internationalmigration provides a broad range of national and local data around migration.
https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/migration-statistics provides detailed data on a range of migration related issues.
https://migrationobservatory.ox.ac.uk/ has been developed by Oxford University and provides detailed data on migration issues.
https://www.advance-he.ac.uk/news-and-views/destination-unknownthe-importance-knowing-who-you-are-get-where-you-want-be Dr Iwi Ugiagbe-Green discusses the benefits of placements for student employability and the complex, inter-tangled and nuanced reasons contributing to why BAME students are not accessing UK internships or placements
HANA Freedom of Information Requests
As a team we regularly request data and information from public sector organisations. If you are undertaking specific research or collating information for a funding bid you can contact us. We have a very good resource of information and request a small donation using our Paypal account for any support we can provide.
Recent requests we have submitted include:
Request to East Riding of Yorkshire Council – 1
With regard to the role of the ERYC Welfare Visiting Team how many of the following services have been provided to BAME residents of the East Riding over the past five years and what is the breakdown by ethnic group.
The areas I am interested in are as follows:
- Debt advice
- Benefit checks
- Food parcels
Request to East Riding of Yorkshire Council – 2
- What corporate contracts with the Voluntary, Community and Social Enterprise Sector in the East Riding
- The Value of these contracts per year
- The performance measures for these contracts
- Information on how future contracts will be awarded such as timescale, process for the identification of new markets
All to East Riding of Yorkshire Council
- The ‘actual’ number of staff by employed by ERYC by ethnicity for the past five years.
- The number of pupils on role in Goole schools by ethnicity for the past five years.
- A breakdown of Interpretation and Translation Service costs for ERYC over the past five years.
- A breakdown of ERYC staff scale points by ethnicity over the past five years.
Number of BAME Employees in the Organisation
- East Riding of Yorkshire Council
- Hull City Council
- Humberside Fire and Rescue Service
- NHS Hull