[notification type=”notification_mark”] One in every ten people looks after someone with a long term illness or disability.[/notification]
Main Address, opening hours and contact details:
Carers’ Information & Support Service (CISS)
City Health Care Partnership CIC
30 King Edward Street
Hull HU1 3SS
Tel: 01482 222220
Drop-in appointments and telephone queries: 9am – 4pm Monday to Friday
You are also welcome to speak to HANA to refer you to our service.
Who we support:
We support anyone aged 18 years and over who is registered with a Hull General Practitioner or caring for a loved one, family member, friend or neighbour who lives in Hull and is ill, fail, disabled has mental health or substance misuse problems.
We are a friendly and professional service who will offer you respect and a safe place to talk about how caring may be impacting on your life, or simply to keep well informed about what support is out there. If you require translation we will arrange for this assistance so you are able to access our service.
All of our support is FREE OF CHARGE, we provide:
- £250 Annual payment to have a break from caring or to spend on your own hobbies or interests (subject to criteria).
- Information on Disability and Carer related benefits.
- Non-judgmental listening ear on how caring for a loved one may be impacting on your life.
- Assessment of your needs as an unpaid carer (this is not an assessment of your ability to care, only of what you think will help you).
- 2 hour sitting service if you have any commitments of your own and you are concerned about leaving the person you care for.
- Advice and information on other carer related and disability services.
- Befriending support.
- Bereavement support.
- Support courses.