Myton Community College are currently looking for a Youth Development Worker to mentor and support young people in the community setting and in Schools that are at risk of becoming NEET to remain and succeed in Education, Training and Employment.
Myton Community College
16 hours per week
Salary £ 7.50 per hour
Candidates should be JNC qualified or working towards their qualification.
The Myton Community College provides a range of activities including some, outdoors activities, film nights, trips, sports and a range of arts. Experience in supporting in maths and English, Job Search, managing Duke of Edinburgh programmes is essential.
Other desireable experience includes:
- Community work providing social, emotional and practical support to young people (16-24);
- A good knowledge of the issues and transitions faced by young people aged 16 to 24 years of age and ways of working positively with this;
- Providing practical support to young people and guidance around education, employment and training, such as curriculum vitae preparation and interview skills;
- Working with young people on a one to one basis, and facilitating planned group work;
- Working in a multi-disciplinary environment would be an advantage
This is an opportunity for the right person to be part of an exciting service as it establishes new ways of working to create positive outcomes for Kingston upon Hull young people.
This post is subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service. There will be an initial probation period of three months. The contract is continuous subject to performance.
Please email your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org for the attention of SL by 5 pm on Monday 13th January 2014.
For more information or to discuss this position please call 01482 210098 or mobile 07405 499881
Note: This is not the property of HANA